Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So here's how today goes.

It is day 3 of my little personal challenge.  I promised myself to do the next bouldering comp at the Rock Haus next time one rolls around, which is apparently in December.  Erk!  I shook on it with Brad, Tony, Trevor, and Mike at the gym and if I don't do it I have to buy each of them a hoodie.  Why a hoodie?  Wellll Brad and I have this little inside joke.... apparently he only has 1 hoodie to his name, or so it would appear, which he wears every day of the winter.  So.  I promised him I'm gonna get him a new hoodie if I don't follow through. Besides the comp, I made this goal to climb 4 out of 7 days each week.  SO far, I'm 3 for 3.  That's just because I rock.  This challenge is two-fold.  1.  Get in better shape.  2.  Control/mediate my spending habits. 
And the reward is a new iPod.  Shoot.  I want it.
 What I'm finding is I just need consistency with climbing.  I'm already doing so much better.  I am bouldering at an almost 300 level - I guess that's a V2 or V3 which isn't bad considering how terrified I am of heights.  I made some big moves that scared me so bad and I'm Sooooo glad I did.  I red-pointed some 5.10s and finished one with a little crack climbing, too.  I feel so good - which is the goal.

Not me... yet.  Climbing outdoors is a different beast.
 AND another little goal I've got is to brain wash myself into understanding my worth and my talents.  This little number is hanging all over my room:

I like it.  I think it's cute.  And I'm already feeling a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment