Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Before I hit the books....

So, I'm just about to sit down and do a lil math homework, my lil lip-stick!  Colin made me promise that I would read the Book of Mormon every day.  Every day!!!  So.  Here am I.  Sitting at my desk.  Ready to read the pages after the title page.  Progress, huh?

My brother is such a sweetheart.  I visited his friends at work today and the three of us wrote a short letter to him on his mission.  Ima bake him some cookies for eating.  

This is the Introduction.  Key words:

  • written by prophets - not journalists.  
  • prophecy
  • revelation
  • "...and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come."
  •  as a new and additional witness that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God 
  • and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.
  • will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world
The Testimony of the Three Witnesses.  Key words:
  •  his voice
  • by the power of God, and not of man.
  • Oliver Cowdery
    David Whitmer
    Martin Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment