Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sitting at work.

So I'm sitting at work in the 'information commons' of the Merrill-Cazier Library.  For the most part, this is a pretty awesome job. I only wish that I had photoshop and illustrator to work on some random projects.


Last night, thanks to my self-imposed 'sleep pressure' that I always fail to fulfill, I didn't get much sleep.  I tried to go to bed AFTER Britt had already gone to bed.  This is always a mistake.  For whatever demented reason, my body knows when I want it to sleep - and it just won't comply.  Instead, I find myself tricking my body into sleeping by falling asleep with the bedroom light on and Britt still working on her homework.  This way, my mind/body THINKS I'm just doing what I want - as always - and thus has the choice to go to sleep or not.  When I turn the lights out and expect my body to fall asleep - oh contrare!  I lay awake for hours.  Thinking.  You know what I'm talking about, I'm sure.


ANYWAY.  Yesterday, Sheth (Shauna + Seth) and I made these muffins.  Ironically, the house was full of non and used-to-be Mormons.  How appropriate.  I went home.  Tried to sleep. And this is what happened at 3 in the morning. 

Mormon Muffin Recipe
Ingredients
2
5
1
2
4
1
5
1
4
2
1
cups
teaspoons
cup
cups
each
quart
cups
teaspoon
cups
cups
cup

boiling water
baking soda
shortening
sugar
eggs
buttermilk
flour
salt
All Bran Cereal
40% Bran Flakes
walnuts (chopped)
Directions:
Add soda to boiling water and set aside.  Whip shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs slowly.  Mix well.  Add the buttermilk, flour, salt and mix again.  Add the soda water very slowly.  Gently fold the cereals and the walnuts into the mix.

Spoon 1/8 cup into greased muffin tins.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes.
Muffin mix must sit in the refrigerator over night before baking.  Muffin mix will last one week, covered and refrigerated.  Yields 3 dozen muffins.


Hard to see.  This is just a screen-shot of my email inbox, since I'm not on my personal computer.  Mary  asked if I would help her come up with a new design for her blog.  These are 3 quick little headers I whipped out.  Then, try as I might, I still couldn't sleep.  Perfect.







MMMk.  So the other day I was sitting with my new co-worker, Tara, who is getting married.  This, (obvi), led to my searching and perusing wedding blogs.  Irk.  Zzzztt.  Well.  I found some preeetty neat-o stuff.  This is one of my favorites:  The brooch bouquet.  
and
and 
Tell me.  How classy is this?  I don't know if it's something that I'd do for my wedding... but maybe.




AND finally.  I love stumbling across neat things on the interwebs.  For example.  This little blog is a treasure and I can (bashfully) totally see myself doing this kind of crafternooning later on in life.  Hopefully I become thrifty in the near future.  Here is a favorite from her stuff:
  
Before.  duh.

AND After.  Darling.



No comments:

Post a Comment