Friday, December 3, 2010

Restaurant Review: Fredrico's Pizza

All in all, Fredrico's is more on my 'nice' list than on my 'naughty' list - although it does cause some trouble every now and then.  Tonight I went to Fredrico's with some friends and was happily notified that I could get the lunch special (at dinner time) for $5.79 - which is a steal for a salad, garlic bread, and a personal pizza with one topping.  I was disappointed that they didn't have fresh basil so opted for a sausage pizza instead.  I added ham to my salad (the ham salads are my mom and dad's favorites).  Somehow they mixed up my order with my friend Katie's.  She ordered a sausage + fresh tomato pizza but it came out sans sausage and tomatoes and covered in ham.  We think somehow they  misinterpreted my 'add ham upgrade' for the salad and instead added it to Katie's pizza.  Regardless, as soon as the mistake was pointed out, the staff quickly replaced Katie's pizza.  My food was good overall.  Sometimes the pizza is a little heavy and the garlic bread a little greasy - but that's sort of exactly what I was craving.

That's how I categorize Fredrico's - a place that you get a craving for every now and then.  Sometimes the craving is purely nostalgic (my parents have great memories of Fredrico's from when they were in school) and sometimes you just want a deliciously un-nutritious pizza.


Fredrico's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment