Saturday, June 25, 2011

I went and got myself married.

Dear all, dear me,

Where has the time gone?  It feels like I've been transplanted into the life of another.  It seems familiar and foreign at the same time.
This morning I woke up next to my husband.  I introduced Jon to someone as my husband.  It.  Is.  So.  Weird.  Now, don't get me wrong, this is all perfect and wonderful, but I had some ghosty flashbacks this morning that left me a little homesick for some of my old habits.

I miss Sarah, Kayla, and Britt.
I miss climbing.
I miss blogging :)
I miss Twitter
I miss browsing the internet like a mad man for hours.
I miss new music
I miss poetry

Weird, how things happen.  The last six months have been limbo, sucked away by planning the big, bad, evil wedding that no one ever wanted, and then swept away by a sweet, simplistic, perfect wedding in the mountains.  Sans friends.  This still makes me sad.  Dear all:  How can you ever forgive me for the distance I have put between myself and you.  You mean the world to me.  I think of you all the time.

In the meantime, I have some new favorites about my life:

Husband:  Every night when I get into bed I kiss you on the forehead and tell you I love you
Me:  Realllyy??????
Husband:  Of course!  I love you!

Me:  My allergies are killing me
Husband:  Do you want me to get you a glass of water and some benadryl?
Me:  Reallllyyy????
Husband:  Of course!  I love you!

Husband:  You are my favorite person

Also:

  • Bowls of Mike and Ikes
  • Secret Gummy Bear and Mentos stashes
  • Walks to Kamin
  • Sharing food
  • Delicious dinners
  • Hugs good morning, good night, hellos, and goodbyes
  • Second family
  • I just love him.
So, here I am, lamenting the passing of my old life, hoping for magic to bring it back from the dead, but thrilled about the new one.  SOS friends:  I need to go climbing.  I need to go camping.  I need YOU :).  

Much Love,
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment