Monday, July 4, 2011

Late post -- The FOURTH of July.

Don't ask me why I forgot that it was the 4th of July this weekend.  Whoops.  Nbd.  Regardless, the husb and I had a weekend filled with all manner of awesomeness.  Starting with this:

Now accepting suggestions for names.  
This little beaut is mine.  And Jon's, of course.  Of COURSE it's his, too.  I just REALLY like it!  Anyway, yesterday morning we rode our bikes to the grocery store and picked up some things to make what I will now call Humma-moley, since the alternative name (Guaca-muss) sounded too much like a fungal disease.  The Hummamoley (and yes, I know that Guacamole does not have a 'Y' on the end, it's purely for pronunciation purposes in our case) turned out fabulous.  It's a little, green Hummus with an emphasis on avocado, cucumber, cilantro, spinach, and lime juice.  Bingalls would love it, I suspect.  


We made homemade half-wheat pita bread to go with it.  Um, if you haven't made homemade pita then you have been robbed of what REAL pita tastes like.  You might like it.  At least, there's a pretty good chance.  



No comments:

Post a Comment